Monday, July 17, 2006

Finally! My Website Went Live! But Not Without Hitches!

After 2 months of hard work, time and effort, my website http://www.onelibidus.com is finally live. Promotes Men Health related issues.

From 20th May till 8th July, I struggled through the layout plans of my website. As I started off without a plan initially, the work was tough as I had to make many amendments towards the launch of it.

So read further for details on the process on How I Did It on my own, within 1.5 months only.

Step 1: Take up a Microsoft Frontpage course/learn it hands-on. Takes you 7-10 days.

Step 2: Decide what you want to promote with the website. Find a product with Affiliate program. Register with them. You have got a product to promote.

Step 3: Register a Domain Name and get a Hosting (also to generate HTML scripts).

Step 4: Start to build your very 1st own website from scratch. Otherwise, take the short cut - get a template (you know what I mean - just 'select all', then 'copy' and 'paste').

Step 5: Plan out what you want your website to do. Tips - Ask yourself what do you require your customers to do when they come to your webpage. Is it an Opt-In page? If so, you would require scripts for the Opt-In box.

Step 6: Write your Sales Letter/Intro. page. I used a software to generate a 'sales letter' page and made amendments to it to suit my product.

Step 7: What are you offering? Any Free Bonuses you want to include? If yes - work on the Bonuses. I wanted to give out relevant ebooks of my product to my customers to take away, also as a Viral Marketing tool.

Step 8: I worked with my eCover team to come up with 3 eCovers for 3 e-book titles.

Step 9: I finished the general layout of the webpage. Its time for me to insert in Images, Photo and Links and Scripts. Tip - make sure you named your files correctly with the proper extension, like htm, index.html, lower case letters or upper case letters.

Step 10: Create files for Contact, Privacy, Anti Spam, Disclaimer Policy, Copyright, Subscribe TQ, Unsubscribe message.

Step 10: Work with your Hosting webmaster on how to use cPanel X. Set-up email, how to use File Manager to load webpages and all files relevant to this website and Autoresponder messages.

Step 11: Plan out your Autoresponder messages. Save all your Autoresponder emails in your hard disk as back-up.

Step 12: At Internet Explorer browser or whatever browser you are using, type in your website. Tests out all Pop-Ups, if you are using them. Tests out Opt-Ins and its Links. Tests links in TQ page, Contact page. Tests out your Autoresponder and its messages and links in them.

Step 13: Make all the amendments required after Testing every links on your Main Webpage/index.html page using Frontpage (not via cPanel Editor).

Step 14: Upload a fresh new amended webapge to your hosting to replace the 'old' main page/index (and don't forget to re-name it as 'index.html' to go live). Then re-test and re-check all the links. If all works to your liking, then your website is called completed and ready finally!

Time and time again, you may wish to add in a Tell-A-Friend script or Close This Page or Print This page script.

Again, repeat the process again, but making amendments via Frontpage on the Main Page/index page and upload it to File Manager, re-name it to 'index,html' to go live!

No comments: