Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Mistakes of Startup Internet Marketers

This has been my personal experience.

This is what I have discovered after attending a number of internet marketing seminar and bootcamp.

These are some of the mistakes many new startups/newbies make when they embark upon learning or building an internet marketing business, from fresh.

Actual work starts from attending at least 1 internet marketing seminar, enrolling into a course or go to a bootcamp.

IT’S WHAT YOU LEARN AFTER YOU KNOW IT ALL. THAT COUNTS MOST!

The speakers told us that there will be only 3% out of 100 attendees of any seminars they have spoken at, will take Action to implement what they have learned. That will be 97% who will give up along the way. How true! I have made this observation and found that to be true.

I volunteered to set up Yahoo! Groups so team members who wish to learn continueswith the 'high energy' to implement their ideas and projects and support each other. Initially all team members contribute their thoughts, but after some time, many do not even bother to answer your messages you post online.

Many just gave up when they stumble upon small challenges. Some did not bother to find out how to start. Well! I continue to pursue till this day.

Of course I stumbled and fall along the learning months but I picked myself up again and told myself, I must not let this opportunity go by without even giving it a try, at least once.

Many newbies did not do the initial 'research' to find out more about internet marketing. Many do not even spend the time to surf on the internet and find out about 'internet marketing' from Yahoo, Google or MSN. They had no idea what 'internet marketing' is all about. Can you beat that?

The first thing for anyone who wish to learn this new business opportunity in 'internet marketing' is to find out more about it. Be prepare for it by researching on the subject. Then attend at least 1 bootcamp or seminar.

After the seminar or bootcamp, go and do more research from the internet, books, subscribe to some of the websites online e-zines and newsletters. Opt-in a number of 'guru' internet marketer webpage and see what they do to convince you to part with your money.

80% of my time is spent on research on the internet. I spent time listening to Audio Bonuses included in these seminars and bootcamps. If I do not understand a certain term - I will look it up. I read all the Bonus printed materials. I participate in Blogs and see what other people write on and I learn to follow instructions. This is how I set-up my own Blog! This process of learning takes TIME....

My knowledge certainly did not come overnight. I have been doing this in the last 6 months (I gave up from Jan. till Mar. 2006).

My stumbling block was I did not know How to Create my 1st Webpage! But I overcame that, as I asked my fellow attendees who were more experienced and they helped me out. Learning comes with experience too, I believe.

The 'More I Learn' and implement my 1st project, the 'More I Earn', in knowledge and experience.

So don't give up on your first few stumbling block!



2 comments:

MK said...

I happened to land on your blogsite via Gobala Krishnan's blog. Hats off to you for having the courage and determination to keep moving forward and finally see your website up and running.
Yeah, I know it's tough when one is a newbie but I truly believe that if we have access to the right information, make it a point to learn it, then we can have the power to implement whatever we want to do. I was impressed by your posting and that's why I post this comment. I have a blog at www.commonsensewithmarkk.blogspot.com and a website at www.thewritemart.com.

James Kiyozaki said...

Mark

Thank you for your comments.Will visit your bog soon.

May Ong